Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Love and hate


Oh how I hate, this Covid 19, this virus and the pain, and grief 

I love the communities of support that are gathering, the 
neighbourhoods that are offering hope, and sharing love. 

I hate this Covid 19 this virus, and the pain and suffering

I love the stories of singing from balconies, of pets being cared for, of a 
101 year old survivor. 

I hate this Covid 19 this virus and the pain  and the loss

I love the health care workers tireless in their care of those isolated by disease 
and  held by risk and compassion. 

I hate this Covid 19 this virus and the pain and the fear

I love the creators of humour, of talking dogs, of comedy skits, of 
rewritten song.

I hate this Covid 19 this virus and the pain and the separation

I love the creators of Zoom, of so many IT platforms accessible to many.

I hate Covid 19 this virus and the pain and the uncertainty 

I love the teachers calling families, checking in, caring offering themselves.

I hate this Covid 19 this virus, and the pain and 

I love the flowers blooming, the buds, the songbirds, the family connections, the truck drivers, the grocers, those sharing their excess purel,  the garbage collectors, the friends checking in,  the community outreach personnel, the walking paths made wider by smile and greeting, the bagpipers, the drummers, the viola players, the singers, the 

I invite you to continue this reflection on love and hate...the song love and marriage was going through my head as I walked this morning and then it changed to love and hate and I realized that 
as all things passionate they do go together.   

It is appropriate to hate and it is wonderful to love.     

May you give yourself permission to feel deeply passionately and out of that passion may you notice all of that which is lovable in your world today.  

gloriafern March 31 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment