Tuesday, March 10, 2020

True or just real

her poem those lines,  is it true or
or just real, invade me these days, invade my
thoughts as I remember the years of
my life, the ones that got me to here
past my 65th birthday, past the time that
i knew old age hit,   i have known so much
truth in these years, and they have changed,
to becoming a reality that I live by
sometimes, that I hold onto
and they have blown away
with the wind, a gust grabbing hold
just when I least expected it and
a new reality becomes as clear as real
as the last one that I knew
with the certainty that
spring will come, the green heads pushing up where
snow lay, will lead to new blooms
and leaves and shoots
and they will be real.

thanks Carrie Newcomer for pushing me
with your poetic gems.

gloriafern march 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment