Sunday, March 22, 2020

Covid 19

I am invited by Covid 19 to show a little more
appreciation for sunshine, health care, for caring government.

I am invited by Covid 19, to respect distance, to notice connection
across respected distance and difference.

I am invited by Covid 19 to grieve for the many who grieve in Italy, in China,
in Syria, in South Sudan,  in this world we all share.

I am invited by Covid 19 to laugh with Pluto the dog, with facebook memes,
with grandchildren telling non sensical jokes...

I am invited by Covid 19 to reconsider my footprint on mother earth, to consider how will I live differently when Covid 19 has left my daily thoughts?

I am invited by Covid 19 to think a little more about my neighbour, those I know
and those who remain strangers to me.

I am invited by Covid 19 to love the earth, the global family of which I and you are all
a part.

I am invited by Covid 19 to hope and to believe that this world will be a more
compassionate place for all to live as a result of Covid 19

I invited you to join me in this hope and in this belief!
with gratitude
gloria fern March 22 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment