Thursday, April 2, 2020

Love in the time of Covid

as I awoke,  as I rubbed the sleep dust from my eyes,
the sun streaming in my windows,  a dog scratching on
doors, sour dough bread, smells wafting through the house,

 I wandered in the garden, I am so fortunate to have one,
saw crocus blooming forth,  daffodils budding,   tulip leaves,
and on our walk, the water rushing across the path,  giggles as
we climbed over and around to "stay" in place,

waves lapped on the shore, yes I live near big water,
did I mention my good fortune,  friends waved across the six foot
mile,  then bagpipe sounds echoed forth around the world
 Scotland the Great was played in my front yard,
 the sidewalk chalk, the seeds harvested and shared

beef stew, red meat from local farmers fields,
not like my mother made, this has red wine as its base,
laundry blowing on the line, the cool winds blow,
the sky is blue, someone found me on face book and asked me
to friend her too,  so many delights made possible
by social media, which I often scorn...

love called me

gloriafern April 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment