Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Normal

I celebrate the normal of loving friends,
smiling at strangers, greeting those we
meet on our path, making space for all,

I celebrate the normal of zoom, skype, facetime,
with family and friends, when their faces have
been too long absent, physically,

I celebrate the normal of gratitude shared with
grocery store clerks, garbage collectors, first responders,
health care providers, especially PSW's,

I celebrate the normal of neighbours gathering,
sharing smiles, food, music, waving from
the other end of the street, just to say hi,

I celebrate the normal of noticing our fossil fuel
usage, of being conscious of mother earth and all her
creatures and celebrating clean air,

I celebrate the normal of blowing bubbles, sidewalk
chalked message of love, laughter, hope,
hearts and rainbows brightening lives,

I celebrate the normal of recognized privilege,
of caring for the least among us,
connection across difference,

I celebrate the normal of notes sent by mail,
by email,  of remembering, of time taken to
let another know we care,

I celebrate the normal of seeing, smelling feeling,
flowers, sun and rain, forests, rivers, streams
and  ocean and mountain sunrises,


I celebrate the normal we are creating.

gloria fern April 14, 2020

4 comments:

  1. I celebrate the normal of sharing life with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I celebrate back..such a sacred normal

      Delete
    2. and I celebrate back..such a sacred normal

      Delete
  2. I celebrate never being normal again

    ReplyDelete