Sunday, June 14, 2020

Together

with gratitude to Jeanne Thompson and her CD 
Peace be with you and the Peace Train

We drove over hill and vale
met in a park, sat on a hill, 
peed behind a bush, no toilet in sight, 
but we saw a daughter  had tea 
and a bite

it arrived in the mail 
a pink bubble wrap envelope, 
Peace be with You  the title of 
recording,  I listen  I hear 
love is at the heart of it

barely awake a lego train 
arrived, money saved,  
ordered on line, moms assistance
allowed bakery's inclusion, 
video shared delight, 

the market trail led us 
around town,  bicycle wheels crushing 
gravel,  skidding through sand,  
bouncing on pavement,  
we travel
 
The phone rings, I hear his message again,
there are those who are
ready to head out the western 
door, death is not bad
notice it all

angels on shoulders
change all around, I head to a march, 
I made my own signs,  justice equals 
peace,  abolish racism the other side,

the song rings in my ears, 
thanks for lyrics that 
summarize so well
a'int no time for couch potatoes 
or regretting the past ... 

time to move forward together at last.

gloria fern June 2020

2 comments: