Monday, August 24, 2020

Nepal maybe?


As many of you are aware, I will sometime have the pleasure and delight of accompanying my daughter and her family to Nepal. I will be helping them settle in, I will be comforting myself with the knowledge of where they are, what their home will look like and so many more aspects of experiencing with them the new world they will find themselves.

Then I will go home and be able to remember.

My ticket was booked for early June.

The pandemic, the global pandemic arrived in March. Long before the ticket was to be shown at the airport or the seat claimed, even before the bags were packed the refund for the ticket showed up in our bank account. I would not be going to Nepal in June.

With so many of you,my world,my daughters world,each one of my daughter's worlds changed. The goodbye celebrations,the family celebrations,the trip to Europe were all cancelled.

None of us have been in a plane, none of us have been able to hug our beloved family members who live in Indiana. We have not travelled to Edmonton this summer. The children have not been to school. We wear masks. Last week two daughters and their families came to our home in Collingwood. Oh what fun we had, oh how we missed those who could not join us because of a closed border.

The planning has begun again for my trip to Nepal, maybe the Nepal border will open on August 17. Maybe I will fly with the family who is going to work and live and learn in Nepal for the next 5 years. They have left their home, they are living in a borrowed apartment. They have tried momos, the children love them and are eager to try the food, and learn the language. The three year old calls watermelon tarabuja.

I have an airline ticket. Perhaps I will get another refund. Perhaps I will fly soon, stay tuned.

Today is August 19. Today was the day for the flight. Today we are not flying to Nepal. Nepal's borders are closed. I hope and pray the young family I am going to/was going to/ might accompany can go soon. I hope they can get settled in their home soon. In the meantime they have begun a blog it is entitled Home in Motion (knafziger.wixsite.com/website) My son in law and daughter are both great writers. Check it out if you are interested.

Soon, perhaps I will begin a new blog. It is set up. It is on Wordpress
 It is called https://gloriafernmuses.wordpress.com/.   The blog is travelling gg (as many of you know one of my primary identities in these days is that of grandma gloria (gg)

and yes if you are noticing it is no longer August 19. 

I am not good at setting up new blogsites, or adapting to old platforms that get changed,  I am fortunate to have daughters and partners and friends who help me.   Thanks to them all and because of them I am certain that my new blog will be up before I fly to Nepal,

And so for now goodbye to Blogger and blogspot. My journey continues the improbable has become probable and the musings continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment