Tuesday, February 26, 2019

X tian church?!

When I grew up church was more than a building,  when we talked about church we talked about community, about people we knew, and cared about and loved.

Today I am reading about a church, not my church,  the church of some, whom I call family, and by whom I am named family.

Today I am reading about a church, not my church, that is debating whether those who call me family can do that and be full participants of the community.
Whether people I love can love their families, (however they name them, however they love them ) and invite their families to be full participants in their christian faith community.

I was talking to a daughter, about a church, a faith community that celebrated the life of a servant leader, she was talking about the gift of this persons life, and the gift she was able to share by participating in the celebration of his life.

I was celebrating with a daughter as she shared about  her children's involvement in a church that welcomes them.    I told a friend that I am so glad all of my children are involved in faith communities, I told her that I was grateful for the support my grandchildren and children had as a result of the churches they were involved in.

I no longer call a church home, I no longer say my church.  

I pray with deep faith in gods of love that my children's children will never have to question, if they chose christianity, or any faith tradition...

I pray they will know and the institution which they desire to be a part of will know...

that  they are are sacred and welcomed and celebrated because they are...not because of who they are or how they love,  but because they are.

gkn Feb. 2019

1 comment: