Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Gratitude


 Sunbeams crowd my computer screen,
bird song woke me this morning
this afternoon we will pick up two beloved
grandsons to share the week with us.

I finished reading “a Small Country” last night
a story of genocide, of war, of life,
yesterday I walked in a meadow, 
cycled on roads and  trails.

The labyrinth, last week filled with solstice celebrants,
invites me into its colourful bounty, I walk, I weed,
I breath,  I sit and eat
the colours of the rainbow surround me.

The Chai tea blend brought back from Nepal
by a neighbour, sister, friend warms me body and soul,
 hearing a cat call, as a dog lays close by,
my beloveds awake, asleep.

Soon I will walk to the Bay, listen to the waves,
feel the cool breeze,   knowing that 
“ I do not have to be good,
I only have to let the soft animal of my body love
what it loves.” 

So blessed am I!

gloria kropf nafziger June 26, 2018

quote adapted from Mary Oliver  in Wild Geese






No comments:

Post a Comment