Saturday, October 24, 2015

Harriet continues

Sitting by the sea, your bag,and
you at my side, no footstool 
In it now, a jacket, encouraged
off by suns rays, an iphone, 
similar  to the one you carried
In its green case picture ready, a book familiar 
to this bag, pages loved and worn,  stories told of stories, 
story ready as you demand, my muse, my friend.

I write in it now by the sea, this sea, 
you brought me to,  companioing me through 
kookuburra laughs, eculyptus waves, 
encouraging  me to notice, no to claim 
to live my sacred journey, as I read another. 

Alone on the beach, surrounded by you, 
a cast of thousand, I go to leave, waves call me wait, 
notice yet again, toes sink in sand, 
water washing over sorrow, sun shining joy, 
my gray dead seaweed bench, 
life filled. 

gkn October.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment