Friday, February 1, 2019

Feb. 1 in Amatlan

"Dawning knowledge, inner flame, heartfelt daring silent name,
vast expansion, focused deep, centred living Now!"

Another day has arrived in Amatlan,  I slept well last night.
Once again acoss the valley and over the mountains, the animals, the church bells,
the loud speakers, the sounds of village life greet us.
Tea and reading with my beloveds, a quiet day to reflect to be here in this place.
Our wonderful hosts are off for the day.   I want to write about this place.

I want to write about this sacred space.
I am overcome again
and again by the need to simply be
to bask in the mountain's energy.

It is difficult for me to slow down enough

 to not pick up pen and ponder, what shall I write,
how can I explain it,  what shall l say,
and I remember Billy Collins ( the US poet) saying I sit
and stare for 23 hours a day
for one hour I write
( at least that is what I remember him saying.)

It is difficult for me to slow down enough

for  words to flow over me,
to enter me, refreshing, recalibrating
to be shared sparsely,   to be held as life energy,

to live into daily
challenge and delight,

It is difficult for me to slow down enough

Another day has arrived in Amatlan.

gkn Feb. 1, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment