Friday, September 28, 2018

Reflections today

With thanks to Sheila

I have three daughters born in the seventies and eighties.  I was born in the fifties.  My mother in the thirties and the list goes on.   In each generation we have been blessed with individuals who have spoken out against the abuse of power.  

In my history,  Jesus was often used as a model of speaking truth to power.

I live in Canada.   I live a life of great privilege.
I have been hurt by the abuse of power.

Some of the abusers used Jesus name to abuse.

Today I am struggling to find hope.
Today I wonder why we are still arguing about how much abuse is ok?

I went for a walk with Andre.

I saw my neighbor, my friend,  I spoke of pain and fear.  We shared feelings of despair, discouragement.  

Then she said, " and what is good in your world today?"

It was a good question for this day.
It is a good question for everyday.

and so I ask what is good in your world today...

and I give thanks for you my readers, my friends, my allies on this journey.

I give thanks for the many of you who are encouraging me as I work on my memoir.
I give thanks for the beauty of the nature that surrounds me and for the wonderful fresh tomato I picked off the vine and ate a few minutes ago.
I give thanks for the many voices, the many people of all genders,  that name truth to power.

and I walk and I meditate and I pray and I write with  hope filled love.



gkn  September 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment