Monday, June 18, 2018

For Resa

Another story of a child or children separated from parents, of tears streaming
no comfort,  ever the optimist  my friend on facebook offers hope.

I am reading Forgiveness selected for Canada reads. 

I talk to friends, celebrate anniversaries, birthdays,  picnic by the Bay.

Listen to small voices across phone lines telling me about dinosaur bones and maman’s graduation,  wrap my arms through  the lines until I can feel their hearts beating against mine. 

I cycle to the Bay,  jump in feeling the cool waters washing over sorrow. 

I sit on the porch and discuss letters to write to Prime Ministers,  donations to be made to law societies.

Sitting in the labyrinth pulling grasses out by the roots,  careful not to disturb the tiny seedling, remember planting his placenta there,  such tiny little people, so innocent, so loved, so hurting.

I read poetry written by a friend, by a stranger,  known and unknown by another,
soul soothing,  grateful for a friend ever the optimist who inspires me.

gloria kropf nafziger June 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment