Sunday, November 1, 2015

Southerly

The winds come from the south cool breezes, 
from north warmth,  the world 
turns, the southern cross shines brightly, 
kangaroo and koala crossing signs warning, 

be aware.

 a snake ahead,  a black yellow bellied, 
we watch our steps, 
less sky gazing,  
tracks cross the path as we go up, then down, more tracks, 
kangaroo, she tells me, like deer, I think, 

take notice.

they are near, I feel, perhaps I smell, 
a musky scent, no skunks here, 
bird song calls me up, a branch or snake what 
is below my feet,  the vista grand surrounding me, 
till sea breeze wrap us tight,  my eyes no longer see, 
the rock pool swimmer or sword snorkelling fishers.

Change surrounds me, 

through this hike, 
this time, my life,
60 years have passed,

I noticed some 

mid shadows,
 light, 
the coming and the leaving haze
of day and night,  
awareness grows.

gkn November 2015

 


No comments:

Post a Comment